2023 PPK-PK Bear Trek's Invention Playground
DATES: June 5 to 30, 2023
HOURS: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM (dropoff begins at 8:00 AM); after-care available at an additional cost.
Join us this summer at TASIS Dorado to experience endless ways to get hands-on with invention education through our Bear Trek Program (PPK-PK).
Bear Trek Invention Playground
- Week 1: June 5-9
- Week 2: June 12-16
- Week 3: June 19-23
- Week 4: June 26-30
- ONE WEEK $350
- TWO WEEKS $700
- THREE WEEKS $1,050
- FOUR WEEKS $1,400
Registration opens March 1, 2023
Bear Trek, Grades PPK-PK
Bear Trek is a preschool program that fosters the inventive spirit in our youngest campers. Channeling natural curiosity with fun, innovative curricula, this program provides a strong foundation for lifelong STEM learning.
Here's what an action-packed day looks like with Bear Trek Invention Playground
A.M. Base Camp
Drop off your camper with their teacher, and they'll start each day with games that encourage socialization, motor skill development, and creativity.
Campers will discover the week's theme through various activities that spark the child's curiosity. We will keep your child active, engaged and promote their creative thinking.
Games, Lunch & Quiet Time
Half of the campers head outside to play while others eat their lunch. Then they switch! Afterward, they will have quiet time (nap or quiet activity) to recharge.
A period for other activities such as arts, dance, sports, games, water activities, pool visits, and much more fun!
P.M. Base Camp
The day wraps up as campers wind down with playground invention games. When you sign out your camper, they'll tell you just how much fun they had at Invention Playground!
Invention Playground Modules
Week 1: June 5-9
Pod Pals Cruise The Galaxy
Intergalactic exploration and fuzzy, funny creatures called Pod Pals challenge campers to explore concepts like gravity and learn how to build super-tall, super-strong towers.
Key Concepts & Skills: innovation, build
Week 2: June 12-16
Shake Rattle & Roll
Science of sound is introduced through vibrations and sound waves. Campers learn how to invent through play as they engage in fun and interactive games with specialized sound locations - their ears!
Key Concepts & Skills: fine-tune listening, memory
Week 3: June 19-23
Zoom: Where Innovation Begins
Campers start by exploring the depths of the ocean. Then, campers zoom-out to discover what it’s like to be a chemist, a veterinarian, an architect, and a rocket-scientist.
Key Concepts & Skills: exploration, innovative thinking
Week 4: June 26-30
Campers receive five exciting clues to help them unlock the secret of the Mystery Present through buoyancy, circuitry, and the science of bubbles.
Key Concepts & Skills: build and discover, problem-solving
Cancelation Policy for All Summer Programs
- Written notice of cancelation is required and should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If cancelation is made more than 30 days before the session start date, you will receive all money paid, minus a 10% cancelation fee.
- If cancelation is made between 15-30 days before the session starts, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If cancelation is made two weeks or less before the Summer Program session starts, no refund will be issued.
- Refunds are not given for illness, school closures due to unforeseen natural disasters, or missed classes.
- Prorating is not offered for late enrollment or any other situation.
- Cancelations are non-transferable and not applicable to other classes or programs.