Space is limited - first come, first serve basis
Marine Biology for Middle School Students
- SESSION I June 4-8, 2018 - $600
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 15 STUDENTS PER SESSION. ENROLL TODAY!
The 2018 MARINE BIOLOGY one-week program is geared towards students from 6th to 8th grade. The focus of the program is to explore the organisms of the coastal ecosystems. Board our research boats for unmatched observations of marine life. Gain hands-on experience using onboard marine biology equipment. Explore beaches and coastal ecosystems.
Directed by dynamic educator Tere Mendoza, our Marine Biology program will take you out to sea for an unforgettable marine science experience.
Space is limited to the first 15 students to sign up. Climb aboard and register today!
Some of the places that we will visit*:
• 5 Day Trips and 3 Overnight Stays
• Research Boat Labs
• La Parguera Water Sports
• La Parguera UPR Mayaguez
• Reserva Tres Palmas at Rincón
• UPR Mayagüez - Magueyes Lab
• Aguadilla Reef Coast
• Guánica Keys
• Isla Cardona, Ponce
• ...and much more
Students must know how to swim.
The following equipment is required from each student:
• Rash Guards
• Snorkeling Gear: mask, snorkel & fins
Join us for an incomparable marine science experience!
* Subject to change
Marine Biology for Upper Elementary Students
- SESSION II: June 11-15, 2018 • $400
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 16 STUDENTS PER SESSION. ENROLL TODAY!
The focus of the program is to explore the organisms of the coastal ecosystems by participating in activities such as fish counts on the reef, seagrass survey, and biodiversity of the coastal reef systems. Youngsters will snorkel and swim throughout the week and also have laboratory experiences indoors at the Marine Biology Program at the University of Puerto Rico, Humacao Campus.
Directed by dynamic educator Tere Mendoza, our Marine Biology program will be an unforgettable marine science experience.Some of the places that we visit*:
- Day Trips, Lunch & Snacks
- Vegabajeños Impulsando Desarrollo Ambiental Sustentable (VIDAS)
- Reserva Marina Arrecife de la Isla Verde
- Reserva Tres Palmas at Rincón
- Reserva Natural del Escambrón - Scuba Dog
- Reserva Las Cabezas de San Juan-Seven Seas Beach at Fajardo
REQUIREMENTS: Students must know how to swim.
Please bring the following equipment:
- Rash guards
- Snorkeling gear: mask, snorkel & fins
* Subject to change