TASIS Dorado Annual Tuition and Fees & Terms and Conditions of Payment for Academic Year 2018-2019
Application Fee per Child, a one-time payment:
New Applicant Processing Fee………………………… $250.00
I. Annual Fees 2018-2019
1. New-Enrollment: Non-reimbursable, New-enrollment Fee of $1,000 per new student payable at time of registration.
Re-Enrollment Fee for Returning Students: A non-reimbursable, re-enrollment fee of $850 per returning student up to February 15, 2018. The non-reimbursable re-enrollment fee AFTER February 15, 2018 will be $1,000 and AFTER April 15, 2018 will be $1,250. All returning students pay the re-enrollment fee.
2. TASIS Dorado has Per Student Tuition and an Assessment for the TASIS Dorado Educational Foundation and Per Family Fees as follows:
- Full payment of Tuition and all Fees in a single payment by July 1, 2018, will receive a 1.5% discount.
- Two payments: Half is due July 1 and the remainder December 1.
Per Student Tuition covers Special Activities, Field Trips, Snacks, Classroom Materials and Supplies, some Team Uniforms, and Graduation Expenses (8th & 12th grades only). This all-inclusive charge relieves parents of the need to shop separately for books, school supplies, etc.
*Books and materials provided by the school are the required hardbound textbooks and classroom supplies. Students in Grades 6 to 12 must acquire all portfolio and homework materials as well as non-reusable workbooks and paperbacks at their own expense. Students who choose to use electronic books for certain courses may acquire these personal licenses at their expense. Families will be billed by the school for any school property that is damaged, not returned, or lost by the student.
Per Family Fees for Grades Pre-Pre-K through 12:
1. The Annual Sabanera Facilities Fee for Non-Residents of Sabanera Dorado is $1,000 for families with one child enrolled and $2,000 for families with two or more children enrolled.
Families residing in Sabanera Dorado have the Annual Sabanera Facilities Fee waived.
2. Technology and Academic Development Fund……………………. $650 per family
3. Home and School Association.....………......................................$50 per family
Laptops: Students in Grades 6-12 are required to have a laptop computer for their academic use, acquired at the student’s expense. Please see laptop section in Secondary School Student Handbook.
II. Terms and Conditions of Payment 2018-2019
1. Enrollment/Registration Fee
Following a student's acceptance (new-enrollment) and at each re-enrollment, a non-refundable fee is required to hold the place in the grade level. The fee must be paid within 14 days of acceptance or the place may be forfeited.
2. School Property: Families will be billed by the school for any school property which is damaged, not returned, or lost by the responsible student.
3. Tuition and Fees Payment Calendar:
A) First Semester Tuition and Fees:
On July 1: 50% of annual tuition and per student fees, plus the per-family fees are due in full. For new students accepted after 1 July, the tuition and fees are due in full two weeks after enrollment.
B) Second Semester Tuition and Fees:
On December 1: the remaining 50% of annual tuition and per student fees is payable.
For late acceptances (after July 1 or December 1 for second semester placement), tuition and fees charges will be computed at the rate of one tenth of the total amount per month enrolled. All family fees, per student fees, and corresponding semester tuition fees must be paid in full no later than 14 days after the date of the invoice.
4. Overdue Payments: Delay in payment can only be granted in consultation with the School and must be arranged immediately after receipt of the invoice. Late payment will incur an interest charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum). Please Note: A student may not be permitted to attend classes until all outstanding fees have been paid. No records, school transcripts, diplomas, recommendations, or grade reports will be released until all financial obligations have been met.
PLEASE NOTE: Acceptance and entrance to TASIS Dorado constitutes a contract to pay the entire year's fees as specified on the tuition schedule. There is no reduction for absence, withdrawal, or dismissal.
5. Tuition Insurance: Upon enrollment in TASIS Dorado, the parent/guardian accepts the obligation for full payment of tuition and other charges for the entire academic year. A significant portion of the School’s costs are committed at the beginning of the school year based on student enrollment. In view of your obligation, we encourage you to contact a broker like Marsh Saldaña for tuition insurance coverage for protection from the adverse effect of withdrawal, dismissal, or medical leave from the School.
III. Dismissal Policy
TASIS Dorado reserves the right to dismiss at any time a student who has proved to be an unsatisfactory member of the School community. If, in the school's sole judgment, a student's conduct indicates that he/she is consistently out of sympathy with the ideals, objectives, and programs of the School, parents will be required to withdraw the student at once even though there may have been no infraction of a particular rule. The Enrollment Contract for students includes this policy statement and parents/guardians are required to sign off in order for the student to be enrolled.