Apply to TASIS Dorado
We are delighted that you have decided to apply to TASIS Dorado. Applicants are notified promptly of the committee’s decision. Upon confirmation of acceptance, students will be sent enrollment papers and additional information. Please let us know if you have any questions.
All admissions correspondence should be sent to:
11 Carr. 693
Dorado, PR 00646-3452
Applications will be considered when the application file for each student is complete with all of the following:
1. Completed PPK or PK-11th Grade application form with a non-refundable application processing fee of $250 per student. Please note that a non-refundable enrollment fee will become payable upon acceptance of the applicant to confirm the place offered. The place is guaranteed once the payment has been made.
2. A complete official transcript of the applicant’s school record. Parents or guardians should request that an official transcript be sent directly to TASIS Dorado from each school attended in the last three years. For applicants for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, parents or guardians may submit the originals of the applicant’s evaluations or grade report cards for all years in school. TASIS Dorado will copy these reports for the school’s files and return the originals.
3. A recent Psychometric Exam performed by a licensed psychologist who has been advised that the purpose of the exam is to aid in determining the applicant’s readiness for success in the TASIS Dorado educational program. The WPPSI-III or higher (English or Spanish) for PK and Kinder and appropriate WISC-IV (depending upon age) is required for admission to 1st through 11th Grade. Sub-scores, observations and recommendations should be included in the report, with any additional tests the psychologist may deem advisable. (Please be advised that candidates for PK must have reached their fourth birthday before the psychometric can be administered.)
4. A personal interview with the applicant and parent or guardian. Whenever possible, the applicant is invited to spend a day at TASIS Dorado to allow the youngster to learn about our school and for the school to observe and test the child in our educational setting.
5. Two letters of recommendation, from the current school’s principal and a homeroom teacher.
6. A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
7. A recent photograph of the applicant.