TASIS Dorado Annual Tuition and Fees & Terms and Conditions of Payment for Academic Year: 2017-2018
Application Fee Per Child, a one-time payment:
New Applicant Processing Fee………………………… $250.00
I. Annual Fees 2017-2018
1) New-Enrollment Fees:
Non-reimbursable, New-enrollment Fee of $1,000 per new student payable at time of registration.
2) TASIS Dorado has A) Per Student Tuition and B) Assessment for the TASIS Dorado Educational Foundation and C) Per Family Fees as follows:
Full payment of Tuition and all Fees in a single payment by July 1, 2017, will receive a 1.5% discount.
Per Student Tuition and Fees cover Special Activities, Field Trips, Snacks, Classroom Materials and Supplies, Assessment for the TASIS Dorado Educational Foundation, and Senior Graduation Expenses. This all-inclusive charge, which TASIS Dorado does as a convenience and service for our families, means parents do not need to shop separately for books, school supplies, etc. This approach is in contrast with other private schools on the island, which add fees separately in addition to tuition and require families to provide these materials on their own. This year’s tuition amount includes a rise of 3.5% over the 2016-17 tuition and fees.
*Books and materials provided by the school are the required hardbound textbooks and classroom supplies. Students in Grades 6 to 12 must acquire all portfolio and homework materials as well as non-reusable workbooks and paperbacks at their own expense. Students who choose to use electronic books for certain courses may acquire these personal licenses at their expense. Families will be billed by the school for any school property that is damaged, not returned or lost by the student.
Total Tuition 2017-2018
(includes the Per Student Assessment for the TASIS Dorado Educational Foundation.)
|Students in Grades:||Annual Tuition||Assessment||Total Payment|
Per Family Fees for Grades Pre-Pre-K through 12:
1. The Annual School Plant and Facilities Fee for Non-Residents of Sabanera Dorado the Annual School Plant and Facilities Fee is $1,000.00 for families with one child enrolled and $2,000.00 for families with two or more children enrolled.
Families residing in the Sabanera Dorado have the Annual School Plant Facilities fees waived.
2. Technology and Academic Development Fund……………………. $650.00 per family
3. Home and School Association....………......................................$50.00 per family
Laptops: Students in Grades 7 through 12 are required to have a laptop computer for their academic use. This laptop is acquired at the student’s expense. Laptops that require servicing due to misuse by the student may be serviced for a fee. Please see laptop section in Secondary School Student Handbook.
II. Terms and Conditions of Payment 2017-2018
1. Enrollment/Registration Fee: Following a student's acceptance (new-enrollment) and at each re-enrollment, a non-refundable fee is required to hold the space in the grade level. The fee must be paid within 14 days of acceptance or the place will be forfeited.
2. School Property: Families will be billed by the school for any school property which is damaged, not returned or lost by the responsible student.
3. Tuition and Fees Payment Calendar:
A) First Semester Tuition and Fees:
On July 1: 50% of annual tuition and per student fees, plus the per-family fees are due in full. For new students accepted after 1 July, the tuition and fees are due in full two weeks after enrollment.
B) Second Semester Tuition and Fees:
On December 1: the remaining 50% of annual tuition and per student fees is payable.
For late acceptances (after July 1 or December 1 for second-semester placement), tuition and fees charges will be computed at the rate of one tenth of the total amount per month enrolled. All family fees, per student fees, and corresponding semester tuition fees must be paid in full no later than 14 days after the date of the invoice.
4. Overdue Payments: Delay in payment can only be granted in consultation with the School and must be arranged immediately after receipt of the invoice. Late payment will incur an interest charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum). Please Note: A student may not be permitted to attend classes until all outstanding fees have been paid. No records, school transcripts, diplomas, recommendations, or grade reports will be released until all financial obligations have been met.
Acceptance and entrance constitute a contract to pay the entire year's fees as specified in the tuition schedule. There is no reduction for absence, withdrawal, or dismissal.
TASIS Dorado reserves the right to dismiss at any time a student who has proved to be an unsatisfactory member of the School community. If, in the school's sole judgment, a student's conduct indicates that he or she is consistently out of sympathy with the ideals, objectives, and programs of the School, parents will be required to withdraw the student at once even though there may have been no infraction of a particular rule. The Enrollment contract for students will include this policy statement and parents or guardians will be required to sign and agree to it in order for the student to be enrolled.